TURBULENT TIMES, FAMILIAR PLACES
Princess Disaster Movie, Xenia Ostrovskaya (AT 2014)
Follow You, Katharina Petsche (AT 2013)
The program TURBULENT TIMES, FAMILIAR PLACES assembles contemporary positions of Austrian female animation filmmakers and is currently touring around the world with the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration, and Foreign Affairs. The program offers an insight into the various techniques and work processes with which the artists shift the attention to relevant and unprecedented topics.
HOMESTATEMENTS, Maria Weber, AT 2014
SHUT UP MOON, Gudrun Krebitz, AT 2014
TAIPEI RECYCLERS, Nikki Schuster, AT 2014
PRINCESS DISASTER MOVIE, Xenia Ostrovskaya 2014
YACHAY, Anne Zwiener, AT 2015
GARTEN & SCHNAPS, Amelie Loy, AT 2013
GINNY, Susi Jirkuff, AT 2015
TWO MELONS – BIRTH OF AN ARTIST, Ingrid Gaier, AT 2014
FOLLOW YOU, Katharina Petsche, AT 2013
DER VERLIEBTE KOCH, Verena Hochleitner & Ulrike Swoboda-Ostermann, AT 2013
THREE SUNS, LIA, AT 2013
MACHINE, Anna Vasof, AT 2015
- May 10th, 2016: Austria en Corto - Salamanca (Spain)
- June 24th, 2016: Let's talk about sex - National Sight and Sound Archives in Canberra (Australia)
- September 1st and 3rd, 2016: Eufonic Festival in Spain // With filmmaker Susi Jirkuff.
- October 15th, 2016: Tricky Women @ Comix Homebase in Hongkong (China)
- November 8th, 2016: Österreichische Kulturtage in Arad (Romania) // With filmmaker Ingrid Gaier.
- November 24th, 2016: 23. Etiuda & Anima International Film Festival in Krakow (Poland) // With filmmaker Katharina Petsche.
- December 10th, 2016: Image Forum Tokio - Japan meets Tricky Women 2016 (Japan)
- March 8th, 2017: Animation Evening on International Women's Day in Mank (Austria)
- March 8th and 12th, 2017: Pera Museum in Istanbul (Turkey)
For more information or to book this program, please feel free to contact us:
Tricky Women Festival
Birgitt Wagner, Waltraud Grausgruber
Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration, and Foreign Affairs
TURBULENT TIMES, FAMILIAR PLACES is a collaboration between Tricky Women and the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration, and Foreign Affairs.