TURBULENT TIMES, FAMILIAR PLACES
Princess Disaster Movie, Xenia Ostrovskaya (AT 2014)
Follow You, Katharina Petsche (AT 2013)
The program TURBULENT TIMES, FAMILIAR PLACES assembles contemporary positions of Austrian female animation filmmakers and is currently touring around the world with the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration, and Foreign Affairs. The program offers an insight into the various techniques and work processes with which the artists shift the attention to relevant and unprecedented topics.
HOMESTATEMENTS, Maria Weber, AT 2014
SHUT UP MOON, Gudrun Krebitz, AT 2014
TAIPEI RECYCLERS, Nikki Schuster, AT 2014
PRINCESS DISASTER MOVIE, Xenia Ostrovskaya 2014
YACHAY, Anne Zwiener, AT 2015
GARTEN & SCHNAPS, Amelie Loy, AT 2013
GINNY, Susi Jirkuff, AT 2015
TWO MELONS – BIRTH OF AN ARTIST, Ingrid Gaier, AT 2014
FOLLOW YOU, Katharina Petsche, AT 2013
DER VERLIEBTE KOCH, Verena Hochleitner & Ulrike Swoboda-Ostermann, AT 2013
THREE SUNS, LIA, AT 2013
MACHINE, Anna Vasof, AT 2015
- November 17, 2017: Animahenasyon PH: The Phillippine Animation Festival in Manila (Philippines) // With filmmaker Katharina Petsche.
- December 7, 2017: Within the frame of the event Austria-Days in Podgorica (Montenegro)
- December 12, 2017: Freud Museum London (UK)
- October 9, 2017: Portland German Film Festival (USA)
- September 15 - October 1, 2017: FLUCA III, „Attention! Promised Place – Contesting Common Grounds” in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- September 22, 2017: China Women's Festival, Goethe-Institut China in Beijing (China)
- April 5 - 8, 2017: On the occasion of festivities celebrating 25 years Austrian Library in Liberec (Czech Republic)
- March 8 and 12, 2017: Pera Museum in Istanbul (Turkey)
- March 8, 2017: Animation Evening on International Women's Day in Mank (Austria)
- December 10, 2016: Image Forum Tokio - Japan meets Tricky Women 2016 (Japan)
- November 2016: Within the frame of the Austrian Filmdays in Bihać (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- November 24, 2016: 23. Etiuda & Anima International Film Festival in Krakow (Poland) // With filmmaker Katharina Petsche.
- November 8, 2016: Österreichische Kulturtage in Arad (Romania) // With filmmaker Ingrid Gaier.
- October 15, 2016: Tricky Women @ Comix Homebase in Hongkong (China)
- September 1 and 3, 2016: Eufonic Festival in Spain // With filmmaker Susi Jirkuff.
- June 2016: Within the frame of the Austrian Filmdays in Prijedor (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- June 24, 2016: Let's talk about sex - National Sight and Sound Archives in Canberra (Australia)
- May 10, 2016: Austria en Corto - Salamanca (Spain)
For more information or to book this program, please feel free to contact us:
Tricky Women Festival
Birgitt Wagner, Waltraud Grausgruber
Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration, and Foreign Affairs
TURBULENT TIMES, FAMILIAR PLACES is a collaboration between Tricky Women and the Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration, and Foreign Affairs.